Senator writes letter to Santa – about global warming (BLECH)
Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ), who survived a recall effort earlier this year, is a serial moron (previous posts here and here). He has also captured the special Christmas Moron of the Week with this letter to Santa (story here from HuffPo).
Dear Santa Claus,
I am writing out of concern, because you may have to move from the North Pole due to the dramatic melting of Arctic sea ice. The Navy’s chief oceanographer says that by the summer of 2020 the North Pole may not have summer ice and other scientists project that an ice-free Arctic is possible as soon as 2012!
Scientists overwhelmingly agree that polar ice is melting because of greenhouse gas pollution and I am working hard to reduce these emissions. But there is probably nothing we can do in time to save the North Pole. I am worried about your safety and your ability to deliver billions of Christmas gifts if the ice cap on the North Pole no longer stays frozen all year. What will happen to your house, your workshop, the elves’ houses and your reindeer barns?
I want you to know that if you want to relocate to the beautiful state of New Jersey, I would be proud to assist you. But given the climate you are accustomed to, I will understand if you would like to relocate to the South Pole. Just be sure not to move to the Antarctic Peninsula or West Antarctic ice sheet, areas that are also experiencing rapid ice melt.
Please know that I will work to mobilize the U.S. federal government to assist when you relocate. I am sure we can both agree that on a warming planet, we need to do all we can to save Christmas.
I guess this dope didn’t get the most recent memo about the coming of a Mini Ice Age (more here). He also hasn’t been paying attention to recent news in Europe where they’re experiencing a second winter in a row of deadly cold and snow (more here). Since he’s a democrat, I’m thinking that his motivations for Santa moving to the US lie elsewhere. Like this:
- Corporate taxes on Santa’s workshop
- NJ state taxes on Santa’s workshop
- Demands to unionize his elfin workforce
- Regulation by the EPA for carbon emissions
- Regulation by the FDA for making unsafe toys (with small toxic parts)
- Regulation by the Labor Department for discriminatory hiring (elves only)
- Regulation by the Labor Department for minimum wage violations
- Regulation by the Labor Department for possible OSHA violations
- Health insurance mandates for obamacare
- Regulation by the Agriculture Department for maintaining a reindeer herd
I think Santa would be wise to stay right where he is. UGH…