Five myths about green energy
Every once in a while you can find an example of sensible journalism in the state-run media. Here’s one from the Washington Post on the Five Myths about green energy. The author, Robert Bryce, is a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute – not a WAPO employee. Still, these are not the types of articles usually found in the Washington Post. Kudos to them for publishing it.
According to Bryce, the five myths are:
- Solar and wind power are the greenest of them all.
- Going green will reduce our dependence on imports from unsavory regimes.
- A green American economy will create green American jobs.
- Electric cars will substantially reduce demand for oil.
- The United States lags behind other rich countries in going green.
Read the whole thing – he presents some strong arguments here.